The security of a modern home is based on three elements: burglar and fire alarm, video surveillance, access control.
In a smart home all these functions may be enriched by the integration with other systems. Here are some examples:
• The plan of the house is displayed on a touchscreen or plasma screen. It is displayed on the screen which sensor and where has gone off. The icons of videocams are also placed on the plan, push any one and you will get the image from it.
• When motion sensors go off, the street lighting turns on and videocams automatically turn sideways of the trespasser.
• When you leave the house, the touchscreen will show you where the window is not closed.
• When a trespasser enters the system will make necessary calls and make a noise warning.
• Under fire the ventilation is blocked to prevent the spreading of fire and smoke, the system of smoke removal is turned on.
Pay attention to the following recommendations:
The division of fire alarm into levels:
The full range of levels used in the cottage:
#1 – guarding inside rooms. Most often passive IR-sensors are used to register humans. Modern sensors have the same design as other terminal units in the room.
#2 – house perimeter (windows, doors). Window and door opening sensors are used, window breaking sensors.
#3 – approaching the front of the house. These are active or passive IR-sensors, which warn of an approaching the external side of a house by a human at the distance 10cm – 3m.
#4 – plot perimeter guarding. Depending on the fence construction it includes systems on active IR-barriers, SHF-barriers or sensitive cables. The area of gates and wickets is guarded separately.
Guarding a swimming pool from children
The sensors register the presence of humans in the swimming pool area or crossing the perimeter line of a pool. If there are no adults in the pool area the alarm will begin to ring.
Alert warning per phone
In case fire or burglar alarm goes off, the alert information may be sent via SMS or phone calls.
Intercom output on TV-sets and phones.
When a guest is calling one may see a video image. One can speak via the nearest phone or even open the door!
Browsing video cams per Internet
Special digital IP cameras (or usual + server) make it possible to view the image per Internet including the recorded video. Any PC or panel in the house may be used for that.
Video cams image in TV-sets
Any TV-set may become a video surveillance screen. It is convenient to observe the situation from rooms around the house. The image only from detached cams may be outputted to TV-sets, not from all cams.